Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Blanket Indian 

So I was told that my identity is tied to my enrollment card.  If there was a way to abrogate the treaties we signed, I would encourage us to do it.  The problem is, we would not get any recompense for everything that was stolen from us by the invading new worlder, that it would in the long run make us even more victimized and I hate that feeling!

"What is rich anyway?  Money don't make you rich!"

He's got a point, but too many of my relatives signed and died for that fucking piece of worthless shit paper that is our treaty with the marauding invader, but it is what we have right now.  

"It was 1962 that the last state in the nation could vote in a state election."  Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-ND) on cspan supporting indian health service funding.

Oh, our vote, I forgot about that too.  What the hell, it's our world still, we have to figure it out together.  There was a time when all I wanted to do was blink every white person away, just like my Dreamer relations before me.  Now?  "Kuut nuu."  Can't ship 'em out, so what else are we going to do?

The main realization is that yes, my family signed those treaties, but they are also "blanket" indians, too, and DAMN proud of it!

No comments:

Relatives

Relatives
at Celilo Falls, Nii Mii Puu country

Peace & Community

Peace & Community
Here's to peace, freedom, health, spirit and home

Relatives

Relatives
in "formal" wear

About Me

Everything opposite the average Amurkkkin.