Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Awareness

A sense of helplessness, smallness, quietness, watchfulness, a step, barely registered, even by me and I am outside myself.  Below me, there is a small brown baby swaddled in a baby board looking up at her parents.  She turns to look up, sees me and smiles.  I close my eyes and the sense of waiting comes to me and I know I am inside myself.  Awake now, I see the fabric on the car ceiling, the dome light, my mom's face as she holds me up and passes me to my dad.  His face quickly glosses over and I am blinded by the sun, then my sister appears, smiling and reaching out for me.  I am her baby sister and it's her turn to babysit.  I'm relieved.  I go back to sleep.

No comments:

Relatives

Relatives
at Celilo Falls, Nii Mii Puu country

Peace & Community

Peace & Community
Here's to peace, freedom, health, spirit and home

Relatives

Relatives
in "formal" wear

About Me

Everything opposite the average Amurkkkin.