Sunday, June 24, 2007

Queer Fest on Capitol Hill

Marched with the Northwest Two Spirit Society yesterday at the 2007 Queerfest on Capitol Hill.  A couple of nights before that, I was at Freeway Hall with Radical Women reminiscing about the early 80's and our gay pride parade organizing.  This year there is again two parades and two events.  One seems to be the "political" one and the other, a "social" event that is not in the "gay" community on Capitol Hill.

Needless to say, I went to the Radical Women reunion and marched yesterday, so that already tells you where I stand on this.  I like the whole queers for free beer thing too, but Queers For a World w/o Fear is much more my preference if I'm marching around like a bozo.

Marching was fun and at least 30k people showed up to watch.  The groups represented were those that are concerned about change in a political sense but the usual naked and pumped up guys were there and scantily clad women and very young woman also pranced around with each other and they were so sweet and brought back a lot of memories of my young hottie days.

I don't remember having so much fun, unfortunately.

The festival after brought me a new song to love, one called "Stand Up" done by these two lesbian rappers and I have to find the cd and post some of the lyrics.  Mostly, I stood in the shade of the lighting towers next to the stage and felt my sisters singing that I don't have to be afraid, that I can "stand up."  Been crying a lot about them but this time I felt the love through their hands on my face, singing.

No comments:

Relatives

Relatives
at Celilo Falls, Nii Mii Puu country

Peace & Community

Peace & Community
Here's to peace, freedom, health, spirit and home

Relatives

Relatives
in "formal" wear

About Me

Everything opposite the average Amurkkkin.