Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ignorant but watching anyway

The stock market has been in my consciousness since that day in high school, waay, waaay back in the early '70's, when my econ teacher gave us play money to buy stocks. I became a play money millionaire in my own head as the stocks i picked gained and lost. it was a form of gambling in a way i understood except that in stickgame, the odds are always 50/50. i should have shorted myself on graduating from high school but that stock picking experience always kept me looking at the back page of the business section whenever i had a paper in my hands. lately i have had to gain more understanding of it as bun and i have had a little bit of pension money locked up with pebb. they have unwisely settled on muni bonds and "safe" picks that are now tanking. i knew the car companies would go down, even predicted housing crash (we still have 25% to go down) and cashed out my own small pension at the high but now the only thing i can think of is, "dow 5000, then i'll buy, (if i had the money of course) call it a market "correction".

No comments:

Relatives

Relatives
at Celilo Falls, Nii Mii Puu country

Peace & Community

Peace & Community
Here's to peace, freedom, health, spirit and home

Relatives

Relatives
in "formal" wear

About Me

Everything opposite the average Amurkkkin.