Tuesday, May 22, 2007

tribal & parental identity

For now, it's enough to know that the tribes that are in my blood are first nations only. Both kids are half European. They have strong opinions about that and I will let them tell it sometime in the future. Both parents are both full blood but each was of at least two tribes, my mom Flathead/Palouse(Yakama)/Nii Mii Puu and dad, Nii Mii Puu and Umatilla.

My family can be traced back to Tuekakas (Old Chief Joseph) of the Nii Mii Puu (Nez Perce) and Metatwaptes (Chief Three Feathers) of the Cayuse Band (Umatilla). Still doing research on the Flathead and Palouse bloodlines.

I have done a family tree that upon request, I may post. So far, the advice that I have gotten about blogging is that there is a level of caution you have to take in revealing too much personal information. Here is a good essay on Chief Joseph by David Buerge on the University of Washington Library Digital Collections. If my research is correct, Chief Joseph would be my great-great-great-Uncle, his father our great-great-great-great-grandfather.

This may be the last post on this particular subject as I have a genealogy site for family already running and it is mostly just interesting to family anyway.

No comments:

Relatives

Relatives
at Celilo Falls, Nii Mii Puu country

Peace & Community

Peace & Community
Here's to peace, freedom, health, spirit and home

Relatives

Relatives
in "formal" wear

About Me

Everything opposite the average Amurkkkin.