Monday, September 10, 2007

Two pager

What would I have done without the weekend spent at the Montana Two Spirits Gathering? Being a bit of a selfish, out of touch bitch, I sometimes forget that deep down, there are reasons that I get drawn to such high character, energetic, committed and joyful people.

I already had my own goal for the gathering. As someone with at least two spirits, I wanted to document a story told by us for us. The fact that the committee included brothers Raven and Hiram, and Steven, their uncle, made it more of a necessity to attend, at least for the documentary project's sake. Never would I have imagined how much of a momentary experience it would prove to be. There is nothing inherently wrong with being lost, but there is a way home.

This is all jarring with the cspan airing of General Betray Us and Ryan "A Crock of" Crocker (He just said, "I cannot guarantee success"). What is going on is, my world has been transformed to the point that none of us has a grip on anything and gatherings like we shared on Seeley Lake can be taught, can be increased and can include everyone that is willing to attend and let themselves go with every moment that presents itself. I rail against the European invader, but I love him/her still. A song called "I am trying to break your heart" by Wilco could be inserted here.

A Crock Of just said, in short, "we need more $$$$$$$$$$$$$", of course you do.

The fact that my sisters. niece and nephews preceded me to a higher ground does not seem to hurt as much. My shoulders were so tense, and now I can sit up straight, sit here and type, even as the damn TV is driving me insane.

Why have I become obsessed with cspan? I want to witness my own destruction.

No comments:

Relatives

Relatives
at Celilo Falls, Nii Mii Puu country

Peace & Community

Peace & Community
Here's to peace, freedom, health, spirit and home

Relatives

Relatives
in "formal" wear

About Me

Everything opposite the average Amurkkkin.